Sewing time part 1

Today I cut out the pieces for a new dress. 
Yes I'm working on the floor because although I have a kitchen table there's more room and more light in the living room. 

I'm hoping to wear this dress on Monday night at a work party. So I best get sewing! 

This is the pattern 

Vogue easy options V8280 bought years ago (I must confess) when the Roland Maurant dresses were so popular. I'm using the straight edge bodice with the simple front flange/straps and a straight pencil skirt bottom that will end above the knee. 

The fabric was bought at a vintage fashion fair in Cheltenham, again years ago. It does look slightly like a tablecloth but I'm channeling Scarlett O Hara in Gone With the Wind and knocking up something original. I've looked for something that will stand out and be unique. The dress code is "dress to impress" and yes I could get cold feet and wear something shop bought. But if I hold fast with this outfit I'll have a great conversation starter. 
"Where did you get your dress from?"
"I made it...!" 
"Oh wow that's so interesting!" 
I will update the blog with progress photos over the next few days.  

Comments

Chris Robertson said…
Is that the same fabric as Sean's shirt? You will match!

Popular posts from this blog

Today I left facebook

Farewell gift

quarter in my purse